The RF504 fan shroud by Rhino Fabrication was patterned after the original sheet metal shroud that was introduced for the FE Galaxies in 1965. This is an exceptional shroud in that we here at Rhino had a bit of fun with the recreation. We have included the original stamping lines and stress marks created when striking the metal shrouds back in the day. Our tooling reflects these same stamping patterns to make the reproduction RF504 look as accurate as possible in an ABS product. Not only is this cooling shroud very sturdy and functional but the .187” ABS material used in the recreation looks absolutely beautiful in its matte black finish. This shroud will compliment your Galaxie FE engine bay and needs to be installed behind the 24” radiator.
Attention: These products are very expensive to transport to you. Because we have made every effort to provide you with correct and accurate information concerning fan shroud size, year, and model fitment we will not be responsible for the freight and costs associated with a return of your choosing. We have excellent photos and descriptions to allow you to purchase the correct shroud for your specific vehicle. We will asses a 20% restocking fee on any returned fan shroud. In short you need to take the time and initiative to be sure you are purchasing the correct shroud. If in doubt call us first.
This fan shroud fits the following FE vehicles with the stock 24” wide radiator:
- 1965 Galaxie with 352, 390, 427, 428 FE engines
- 1966 Galaxie with 352, 390, 427, 428 FE engines
- 1967 Galaxie with 352, 390, 427, 428 FE engines
- If your application has the stock 20″ wide radiator, this fan shroud will not fit your vehicle.
- If you are running an aftermarket radiator please verify your fitment measurements.
- If your vehicle did not come from the factory with the optional fan shroud you may be currently running with a larger fan blade than this fan shroud was designed to use. Check your clearances. Your radiator and fan shroud do not move with engine torque, your engine assembly and fan blade can and will shift and could make contact with the fan shroud if you are not running the correct diameter fan blade.
- If you are sporting an aftermarket radiator the rearward mounting flanges of your radiator may not be exactly as the stock radiator was when it was installed by Ford or Mercury. To correct this mounting issue some of our customers find it necessary to use a vertical flat bar of aluminum to create an offset bracket to mount our shrouds to the aftermarket radiators. Remember, aftermarket radiators are produced to fit multiple models of vehicles. Our Rhino Fabrication fan shrouds are patterned after the factory shrouds.
- For best cooling results your fan blades should sit approximately 2/3rds of the distance into the cavity of the fan shroud.
Factors that will affect fitment:
- Radiator width
- Fan blade diameter
- Engine cubic inch
- Aftermarket pulleys and accessories
View our photos and use the info and measurements we provide to determine if the fan shroud you are ordering will fit your application. If in doubt call us and we will attempt to help you make the determination.